2021-01-29

26. Frostgrave knights kill again

I already wrote a post about the (at the time new) Frostgrave Knight plastic set. I loved it, my only problem was the low number of miniatures in the box. I wanted more (more, more)! And as I saw the last piece in my local gaming shop, I couldn’t withstand the temptation… And was as amazed, as the first time: this set is superb! I was thinking about building and kitbashing possibilities since the last time, so we (because I bought it with my sons) could build it pretty fast this time. Before the results, lets take a quick look of the former, (mostly, because some of them got additional equipment) unchanged miniatures, 2 knights, 2 templars and 4 captains (1 from every family member):



And now, something old and new, two in one. As I wrote last time, I wasn’t satisfied whit two of my builds… Now I changed them a bit. The ranger became an axe instead of the saber, he just changes from bow to melee, and draws it out of his belt:




The treasure hunter was changed more. The inspiration came from another blog. So he is now a scarred psychopath armed to the teeth with sword, dagger and throwing knives. I cut the quiver from the back, so I also had to hide the marks with a blanket:




Both of my kids bought 3 miniatures, this is what the older one made. A templar (with a shield on his back), a treasure hunter and an archer/ranger:




The younger one wanted a knight, a crossbowman (with a giant axe on his back, because it fits the executioners hood very well) and a ranger (whose spear is a combination of a two handed axe handle and an Oathmark dwarven spear head):




My first build was a mandatory supplement: a marksman, a heavily armored soldier with crossbow:




The next was another captain (or knight, as needed), a little kitbash with the Frostgrave Barbarians. I hope, the story comes through the pictures… He is an old knight, who took his rusty armor, sharpened his old sword to go on the last adventure of his life:





There are two bodies left. There I dived a bit deeper in conversion. I had a former post about non-human wizards for Frostgrave, and I was lacking of dwarfs. I wanted a pair of dwarven enchanters badly, but I didn’t found the right solution until now... But now! I took two knight bodies, and cut out a piece of the legs, to fit the height of the Oathmark dwarves. Just cut down the legs, shortened them, and glued them back. Then I took:

And voila, a dwarf enchanter with his apprentice:




They are not perfect, the proportions are still a little off, its like they had no neck. But its not that bad, and Im happy with them anyway. Cant wait to paint and use them in the next Frostgrave battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment