2020-12-28

21. Christmas special 2020

It was a pretty special year from a lot of aspects. Here and now I just want to emphasize one of it. Because of the limited options for spending the free time, I landed this year by my unfulfilled, childhood passion: tabletop games and miniatures. I jumped into a lot of projects (maybe got a bit addicted...), and Im enjoying them a lot. But maybe the biggest pleasure is, that my family joined me in this! That is why not only this year, but the Christmas was also very miniature heavy:

Here is the list of presents:

  • Frostgrave Gnolls (Northstar Miniatures)
    • My older son loves gnolls, and wanted them for Frostgrave, but we want to use them also for Oathmark as orcs (a post will come, how we combined the parts, to make it usable for both rulesets).
  • Ghost Archipelago Snake-men (Northstar Miniatures)
    • My younger son wanted them, the reasons and thoughts are the same as by the Gnolls. But Im not sure yet, which rules should we apply for them (Im hesitating between humans and orcs, but maybe some house rules would fit better).
  • Necromunda Luthor pattern Excavation Automata "Ambot" (GW).
    • They look so cool and *TOP SECRET*
  • Black Seas: Master & Commander (Warlord Games)
    • Because we watched Pirates of the Caribbean series with the family, and then Youtube offered a review about this game... I got weak. Have you seen those ships? They are adorable!
  • A mysterius little box with the sign of Zorro...
    • ...or Zealot Minitures? Its a small miniature company who makes (in my opinion) the best minotaurs, but they have other models too. The miniatures are made from resin, and are beautiful with a lot of sharp details! But I dont want to use them in any game, I have other plans for them... (at least for the minotaurs)
That was the short showcase of our Christmas trophies, next time the introduction of our Oathmark family armies will follow.

2 comments:

  1. Some great gifts there. I can't wait to see them painted and in action on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, but painting with my tempo... Although we had some games of Black Seas (really refreshing that the set up time for it takes only some minutes, and the game itself is also very fluid), and also tried out the new miniatures in a quick, small and bloody 4 vs. 4 game.

    ReplyDelete