2020-10-04

1. Introduction

So a blog… Who knows me personally will be very surprised about this. But not more than I... I´m pretty introverted, not graphoman, and I usually don’t have any urge, to share my life with the world (except with my family and friends, but sometimes neither with them). So this blog more of a documentation (like a web-log, which a blog actually is…) of our/my journey into the tabletop world, because it’s good to live the memories again. And there are not a lot of people around me, who share this passion. So maybe I still want to share and show it somehow… Anyway if you, somehow found it, you are welcome to read it!

So, how do I get to this point? Let’s start with the beginning.. I always loved to fantasize about non-existing worlds, get away from everyday trouble. It’s just so good, not being yourself (especially if you are an adult) in every minute of life… I like fantasy and sci-fi books, comics, movies, series, etc. So somehow in the late 90´s I discovered the Warhammer universe. And it was amazing! This grim world full of heroes, monsters and battles enchanted me. But in that days, I couldn´t do more, but searching for any “free” material in the early days of internet. To build imaginary armies and fight imaginary battles. Because that stuff was really too expensive for me, and there weren’t any game-clubs in my hometown, to get a taste for free… Days gone by, my passion faded out…

Until earlier this year the magical winds of fate (or google algorithms) blown a logo on my screen: Frostgrave. To be honest, the acceleration from zero to search the internet hours long, hunting after every bit of information about it, was a bit scary… But at the end, after reading and watching reviews, other rulesets, battle reports, I decided that I will make the jump into it. Bought the rulebook, some figures, some paints and some DIY materials. My senses had to wait for 20 years, but at the end, it was beautiful! It made my childhood dreams come true! And even better, I could share it with my kids (and later also a bit with my wife)! And a couple of months later, I am right here and now.

So what kind of posts will there be? The themes, where my journey is going along!

  • The games: mostly Frostgrave and Oathmark (that why the very original title, haha), maybe some other things also (Gaslands, Descent 2, other boardgames)
  • Modeling and painting figures
  • Crafting terrain
  • How to synchronize all this with the family

Maybe this is enough from a non-graphoman for the first post (of his life)…


P.S.: Sorry for my english, I know it´s somewhere between Tarzan and Yoda, but I hope its understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment